The project arises from the problem of loading the vehicles manufactured at the SEAT plant in Martorell onto a train to send them to different distribution points such as the port of Barcelona.
The vehicles are manually brought into the train one by one. The operators are in charge of driving the vehicles, parking them and walking out of the train to go to the next vehicle to be entered. This slows down the process significantly resulting in a very long loading time.
The TRANSBOX proposes a modular and scalable technology, capable of automatically transporting vehicles and loading them onto the train.
The project has the following advantages:
- Reduced loading and unloading time of the 40%.
- Increased train frequency on a 200%.
- Reduction of the parking area of 20%.
- Reduced risk of vehicles being damaged during transport.
- Carbon footprint reduction.
- Traffic reduction.